Doctor Profile - Dr Shashi Bhushan Kumar
Consultant Neuropsychiatrist & De-Addiction Specialist
Dr. Shashi Bhusan Kumar, M.B.B.S, M.D. (Psychiatry) wants to share my experience of 20 years of eventful journey and what encouraged me to become a doctor.
We all know about Bihar as it's the biggest cultural heritage places not just in India, but in the entire world. Buddha attained enlightenment and Lord Mahaveer also attained Salvation in this holly place and who don't know about the Nalanda University, world's first residential university is in Bihar. I was born in a farmer family in Bihar and feel pleased and blessed that I Belong to such a sacred place. My mother who was suffering from Malaria was recovered in few days with few dozes of medicines, this incident left an ineradicable mark on mind and since that they day my was to become a Doctor. I took admission in Patna Medical College after completing my 12th from a government school and cracking the entrance examination of medical. Time had presented a challenge in front of me that to get a Post Graduate degree with limited and my higher hopes my two dreams started together and this fulfilled my fondest dream of getting admission in AIIMS (Delhi). The patients who were suffering from mental illness and their families touched my heart deeply and I grew fond of my subject in a very short span of time. The three years of AIIMS completed very soon I feel like I had started yesterday.
What do you know About Psychiatrist?
- Are psychiatrists just a doctor who treats an abnormal person?
- Do you think that there is no treatment for insane or mad people?
- Do you belong to a mass who have fixed notion about a psychiatrist?
Mental disorder or psychiatric disorder is treatable just you have to accept it and come forward for it. All you need to do is finding a devoted and considerate professional psychiatry to cure disability.
Do you have any idea about severity and morbidity caused by psychiatric disorder?
When you should contact A mental Health Professional
- Are you depressed?
- Are you feeling stressed and disturbed?
- Are you repeating the same work like counting, checking, recurring image of trauma in mind?
- Do you find difficulties falling asleep?
- Are you having periodic attacks of Headaches?
- Do you feel rapid heartbeat and having fear of closed space, episode of palpitation?
- Are you always extra or unnecessarily worried about your future and family?
- Do you have the Idea of committing suicide?
- Is someone at home who talks odd and behave suddenly strange.
- Is someone not acts or behave normally as he use to does.