A disease that is very difficult for the patient to discuss is psychosexual disorder. Psychosexual disorders are conditions that occur when there are discrepancies in sexual functioning caused by mental or emotional problems. These have various manifestations in the form of sexual dysfunction, sexual perversion and gender identity crisis. It has been found and is very clear by the researches done that the sex drive in humans is directly related with brain. Now, coming to the disease psychosexual disorder then it is definitely an important topic to discuss. The primary characteristic feature of psychosexual disorders is that these are not caused by any external physical factors or medical conditions, but are a result of internal conflicts that arise in the mind. These conflicts can be due to intense personal experiences that lead to stress, anxiety, depression, and guilt. Sexual trauma and negative body image issues are also known to cause psychosexual disorders in men and women.
A very important thing to notice here is that, psychosexual disorder has different symptoms in men and women and hence it should be treated in according order. In many cases, it leads to the development of phobias towards sex and sexual activities. In other cases, it may create strong recurrent desires for unusual sexual situations and activities such as voyeurism, fetishism, exhibitionism, sexual sadism, necrophilia or pedophilia. Each case is unique and different as it is caused by an exclusive set of factors, which affect every individual in a distinctive capacity. The most important thing about the disease is that, it has to be catered very well because the disorder is directly connected with depression. To make you understand the disease better, we are separately mentioning here the signs and symptoms of psychosexual disorder in men and women both.
Symptoms of Psychosexual Disorder in Women
- The inability to get sexually aroused despite adequate stimulation is a very common sign of psychosexual disorder in women.
- Woman inability to achieve orgasm also suggests the symptoms of psychosexual disorder. However coming to orgasm in women then only few achieve the same because of lack of knowledge on the same.
- The reduced sexual drive and the lack of desire for sex can however seem normal but actually it is not. It also signifies the symptoms of psychosexual disorder.
- The inadequate vaginal lubrication is also a sign of the disease and has to be treated on time.
- The unconscious tightening of the vaginal muscles that causes interference in sexual activities
- If a woman is experiencing pain during sexual intercourse then also it can be a sign of psychosexual disorder.
Symptoms of Psychosexual Disorder in Men
- The inability to get or hold an erection (erectile dysfunction) is a very common sign.
- The premature ejaculation is a very strong sign of psychosexual disorder.
- If a man is facing problem to ejaculate or is unable to ejaculate then it is also a sign.
- The reduced libido and inhibited sexual desire also signifies that everything is not normal in the sexual life.
- The inability in men to achieve orgasm also gives a clear sign of psychosexual disorder.
- The lack of sexual arousal through stimulation also gives a clear sign of psychosexual disease.
It is a disease that people tend to hide but it needs timely treatment because sexual dissatisfaction can even lead to broken relationships and can also take the person to depression. Dr. Shashi Bhushan is a very reputed doctor for psychosexual disorder treatment in Delhi. For the best and timely advice you can contact Mr. Bhushan and can also take appointment online for fast and speedy treatment.